Book Promo Banner
Reply To: Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014

Reply To: Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014 Reply To: Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014

the_professors_assistant
Keymaster

Hi Professor! Okay, so there should be the 3 pattern pieces, instructions, and a photo of the completed look included in this file. A big thanks to my awesome husband for creating this PDF file with all the details so that you could see things a bit more clearly. So I am stumped on the entire first bullet point paragraph. In regards to pocket placement, the topstitching on the front pieces, and the attaching of the outer side seams of the front and back pieces. The placement lines and the facing folds have got me all mixed up. If you are able to make out in the inset pic and photo, you can kind of see that the front piece actually wraps around a bit to the back. So the pieces don’t seem to be attached from the side raw edges but from somewhere else. I’m unsure exactly where they attach?Each time I attempt the construction of this following these instructions, the sides just aren’t matching up in a way that seems proper. I know I’m doing something wrong. Apparently Burda thinks this is an easy garment to make so it’s probably some silly thing I’m overlooking. You may not be able to help with this one, being that it may be too hard to explain in writing , but I really appreciate your willingness to give it a go! Thanks! – Careen