Book Promo Banner
How to shorten a blouse

How to shorten a blouse

Home Page Forums Ask A Question How to shorten a blouse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

My question is how do I go about shortening a blouse from 30″ to 27″ any videos on it??

Thanks so much

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

It’s actually pretty easy. Tape your pattern to a large paper and start drawing an outline around it. From the outline, slide your pattern up 3″ or whatever you want your measurement to be and redraw the hemline. Replace your pattern to the original outline and retape. Fold up the bottom of the pattern though so you can see where your new hemline should be and cut your paper on this line. The only change that’s been made is that the hemline has been brought up. Definitely make a muslin though so you can test the length and make sure you’ll be happy with it. Good luck!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

On 7/24/2014 4:35 AM, Shirley Marsh wrote:
    Thanks Professor but I should have indicated it is a blouse with a 30″ length and I want to shorten it. I’m a newbie at this just got a Singer Scholastic recently and am trying to learn as much as I can before I tear into anything.
    I would love to know if you have any info on types of fabric which I know not much about.
    I love the way you are so thorough in explaining things.
    Thanks so much.
    Shirley Marsh

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

haha…sometimes the best learning experience is to tear into things and go for it, but do it on cheap fabric and if you’re worried about ruining the patterns, make a copy of it on tracing paper. We don’t have a tutorial on all kinds of fabric yet, but thanks for the suggestion. good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.