Book Promo Banner
Lining Satin

Lining Satin

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Lining Satin

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 5 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m making my granddaughter’s wedding dress. The skirt is A-line. The fabric is polyester satin. What would you recommend to line it with to give it more body and not just hang straight down? Thank you. Your videos have helped me greatly.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hmmm…satin is a type of fabric that likes to be draped which probably doesn’t make it ideal for a-line skirts but there are a few options you can try to see if that helps in your situation. You can try and just use a cotton lining which should give it a little more body than the regular polyester apparel lining but it probably won’t be anything dramatic. Other options is having a petticoat/netting underskirt underneath to have it flair out more or you can add horsehair braid to the hemline. We have a tutorial here on adding Horsehair braid and, in my example, my skirt is a polyester silky type fabric so you can see the difference in it makes in giving my skirt body. I hope this helps! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you for the reply. I saw the horsehair tutorial and was thinking about that. My granddaughter will be here this weekend to fit the muslin so I’ll let her decide. I love your tutorials and have learned a lot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.